Supported File Types
- All uploaded documents must be PDF format
- Dimensions must be 8.5 x 11
- PDF must be portrait orientation
- If scanned from paper documents, forms should be high-quality scans (200+) dpi
While our software can read these documents, the variability introduced due to the image quality and aspect ratio, introduces risk for incorrect data extraction or classification. To provide a high quality service we can not accept documents that don't meet our requirements.
If you submit any of the following types of documents additional processing will be required and additional charges may be applied due to manual processing to complete the income analysis.
- No JPG, PNG, or TIFF formats can not be accepted
- No cell phone pictures of documents
- No screenshots of documents
- No document scaling up or down
- No locked or password protected PDF files
- SSN and EIN must have at least the last 4 digits showing. Tax returns with "xxx-xx-xxxx" for security reasons can not be processed.
Note: PDF documents can have passwords for opening as well as passwords for editing. Absolutely no passwords can be applied to uploaded documents. IncomeXpert PLUS splits up PDFs by page for processing, thus having an editing password will cause your upload to fail. When you open the PDF on your desktop it might appear not to have a password. Check the Security Settings in Adobe and ensure the Restrict editing and printing of the document is NOT checked.
In the picture below you can see a document that does not have an opening password, but does have an editing password. IncomeXpert PLUS can not work with password protected documents of any kind.
Supported Income Documents
- United States Federal Tax Returns
- 1040, Sch 1, Sch C, Sch E, Sch F, 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1065 K-1, 1120S K-1
- Non standard tax documents of Federal Statement Addendums
- SS Award letters , Federal Benefit award letters, and State Benefit Award Letters
- 1099 for Pensions and Retirement Accounts
Unsupported Income Documents
- State tax returns
- Foreign tax returns
- Divorce decrees
- Military discharge papers
All documents uploaded will be scanned and billable.
Avoid uploading unnecessary documents as this increases your costs and slows your turn time.